From: Panagiotis Christopoulos <pchrist@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: use of the /run directory
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 19:22:04
1 On 23:58 Tue 17 May , Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I'd add that if we want /run to be on tmpfs, /var/run and /tmp should
4 > both be on tmpfs by default. I've been doing this manually for a year,
5 > and so have other distributions.
8 Hi,
9
10 A quick look at the size of my desktop's /tmp is:
11
12 spirit@Vereniki ~ $ du -sh /tmp/
13 641M /tmp/
14 spirit@Vereniki ~ $
15
16 Maybe it's just me (cause of the way I'm using /tmp, eg. I use that dir
17 to unpack sources of packages I want to temporarily look inside and
18 for anything else *temporary*, also some programs (eg. browsers) use it
19 for temporary storage) but if there are others like me, I don't
20 think we'd like to do this in RAM space (tmpfs). For /run and /var/run
21 dirs it's ok I suppose.
24 Panagiotis Christopoulos ( pchrist )
25 ( Gentoo Lisp Project )