From: Jason Cooper <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] udev-032 script disabling
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 10:48:04
1 I merged udev-032 yesterday and restarted udev. Checking my dev tree I
2 saw a whole bunch of devices that weren't there before. Liking a
3 minimal dev tree, I decided to fix it. I found the new scripts
4 directory under /etc/udev/ and went looking in udev.conf for a way to
5 disable it. It looks like the udev man page hasn't been updated yet, as
6 it doesn't mention a script directory at all.
7
8 So for the short term I renamed /etc/udev/scripts to /etc/udev/.scripts
9 and restarted udev. Seems to work.
10
11 Will a future version allow toggling the use of the scripts in that
12 directory? Is there a reason why an average user needs those to run,
13 especially in light of things working fine before (well, at least for me
14 :) )?
15
16 tia,
17