From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Quoting patch for repoman
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 02:05:05
1 On Sunday 30 September 2007, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > On 04:52 Sat 29 Sep , Mike Frysinger wrote:
4 > >> does this work with multilines ?
5 > >> if [[ -e ${S}/asdfasdfasdf && \
6 > >> -f ${WORKDIR}/moo ]]
7 > >> then
8 > >>
9 > >> this is a crappy example, but entirely correct when the if statement
10 > >> gets real long ...
11 > >
12 > > No, it doesn't. That's why I just made it a warning instead of a
13 > > failure, because it's not always going to work.
14 >
15 > If there aren't many false positives then we don't have to reduce it
16 > to a warning since they can use the new repoman --force option to
17 > force the commit. If there are many false positives then I think we
18 > should try to filter those out if possible so that we don't have to
19 > reduce it to a warning and spam people with bogus warning messages.
20
21 i see --force as something you should use in order to get around semi-serious
22 (but there's a good reason for it) ... not something that people should have
23 to use to get around perfectly legit code ...
24
25 maybe a new function in repoman that would eat a line as the shell defines it
26 (in other words, sucks in all line continuations)
27 -mike