From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Output / End User Experience
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 11:42:33
1 On 12 July 2012 17:52, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Actually, there is another workable solution, and that is to set
4 >> USE="-gstreamer -icu" for qt-webkit.
5 >>
6 >> Currently we enable gstreamer by default in the ebuild (as it
7 >> is used for HTML5 audio/video, which is expected functionality
8 >> in qt-webkit based web browsers etc.), but we are considering
9 >> if we should perhaps not enable this by default.
10 >
11 > As discussed on the bug, this will likely help some, but it doesn't
12 > help anybody who uses KDE or Gnome.
13
14 As far as I know the gstreamer useflag is only enabled in the gnome
15 profile, not the kde one currently.
16
17 Once we decide on this, I will add it to the Qt FAQ (now on the wiki)
18 and make an announcement on the forums.
21 Cheers,
22
23 Ben | yngwin
24 Gentoo developer
25 Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin