From: Bernd Steinhauser <gentoo@×××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] subversion.eclass
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 00:05:10
1 Donnie Berkholz schrieb:
2 > On 23:39 Fri 15 Feb , Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
3 >> For quite a while the KDE herd has had a modified version of
4 >> subversion.eclass
5 >> in the kde overlay. During that time we have added the following
6 >> features to
7 >> the eclass which we would like to put back in gentoo-x86 soon. Since the
8 >> changes are fairly extensive we decided to send it to this list for
9 >> review
10 >> first.
11 >>
12 >> 1) ESVN_REVISION (before this people had to use ESVN_OPTIONS for this
13 >> purpose).
14 >> 2) ESVN_OFFLINE which disables svn up.
15 >> 3) ESVN_UP_FREQ which uses GNU find to determine if the specified
16 >> number of
17 >> hours has passed and only do svn up if it has. This is currently used
18 >> in the
19 >> kde4svn-meta eclass for split kde ebuilds that use the same checkout
20 >> of each
21 >> module.
22 >> 4) ESCM_LOGDIR for logging which revisions packages get installed
23 >> with. See
24 >> [1]. Users need to explicitly enable this feature to use it.
25 >>
26 >> Other than this the eclass has been documented for use with
27 >> eclass-manpages.
28 >>
29 >> [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/54233
30 >
31 > Some of these features seem like they should get pushed up into a
32 > generic framework for all SCMs like scm.eclass.
33 >
34 > Thanks,
35 > Donnie
36 I'm already working on git.eclass. I've got some nice ideas for that one
37 (or should
38 I say, ideas, that I would want in it? ;-)).
39
40 But I don't think, that they would benifit from a generic framework,
41 since it's just
42 a few lines anyway and since every scm is somewhat different, maybe it
43 would blow
44 up the generic thing.
45
46 Regards,