From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] subversion.eclass
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 23:07:39
1 On 23:39 Fri 15 Feb , Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > For quite a while the KDE herd has had a modified version of subversion.eclass
3 > in the kde overlay. During that time we have added the following features to
4 > the eclass which we would like to put back in gentoo-x86 soon. Since the
5 > changes are fairly extensive we decided to send it to this list for review
6 > first.
7 >
8 > 1) ESVN_REVISION (before this people had to use ESVN_OPTIONS for this
9 > purpose).
10 > 2) ESVN_OFFLINE which disables svn up.
11 > 3) ESVN_UP_FREQ which uses GNU find to determine if the specified number of
12 > hours has passed and only do svn up if it has. This is currently used in the
13 > kde4svn-meta eclass for split kde ebuilds that use the same checkout of each
14 > module.
15 > 4) ESCM_LOGDIR for logging which revisions packages get installed with. See
16 > [1]. Users need to explicitly enable this feature to use it.
17 >
18 > Other than this the eclass has been documented for use with eclass-manpages.
19 >
20 > [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/54233
21
22 Some of these features seem like they should get pushed up into a
23 generic framework for all SCMs like scm.eclass.
24
25 Thanks,
26 Donnie
27 --