From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Establishing Gentoo patch policy to keep our patches consistent and clean
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 20:01:08
1 On 4/6/13 12:41 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 >>> 6. Patch files shall start with a brief description of what the patch
3 >>> does. Developers are encouraged to use git-style tags like 'Fixes:' to
4 >>> point to the relevant bug URIs.
5 >>
6 >> That could be helpful - could this be made more precise though? Is there
7 >> any existing convention (going beyond git style, but specifically
8 >> designed for distro or similar patches) we could follow?
9 >
10 > I would honestly just go for the git style. It's the first thing that
11 > really succeeded in standardizing patches. Inventing something new is
12 > not really necessary, I believe.
13
14 Oh, I didn't mean inventing anything new.
15
16 Is there some URL or documentation I could read to familiarize myself
17 with all of the "git style"?
18
19 Paweł