From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] extending existing EAPI semantics
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 05:33:46
1 Kindly respond to the rest of the email first of all...
2
3 On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 06:22:31AM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 22:16:21 -0700
5 > Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > > > Also, there is absolutely no reason for all future EAPIs to be a
7 > > > superset of old eapis.
8 > >
9 > > .ebuild-$EAPI-n requires all *versioning rules* to be a superset of
10 > > $EAPI=(n-1); if in doubt, re-read my example above.
11 >
12 > No it doesn't. It requires that versions be mappable to a single,
13 > enumerable master version format. Big difference. You could quite
14 > happily add -scm and remove _p in future EAPIs, for example.
15
16 Lay out how .006/.6 would work properly *per* eapi. As I clarified in
17 my last email, the master would vary dependant on the eapi- which
18 isn't valid unless you're retroactively overriding the versioning
19 rules of an eapi.
20 ~harring