From: Grant Goodyear <grant@×××××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Mailers, Mailers, Mailers!!!
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 15:19:46
1 > However, I do differ in opinion from Grant. I would prefer that
2 > anything that is /usr/bin/mail works as expected, and that in the
3 > Greater UNIX Picture sorta means using /usr/{lib,sbin}/sendmail. I
4 > think it's a bad thing to create some changes that go against user
5 > expectations.
6
7 Since nail does not need an mta, I don't think we should require
8 it, thereby leaving that decision up to the user.
9
10 It may be that we don't want to install a /usr/bin/mail clone
11 by default, if that would also require us to install either
12 sendmail or postfix at the same time. Perhaps we need a
13 "standardUnixMailer.ebuild" that just has mailx and sendmail
14 as depends, and does nothing else?
15
16 -Grant-
17 --
19 | Grant Goodyear | The Secrets of Physics: |
20 | Dept. of Chemistry - UH |1. Add zero. |
21 | Houston, TX 77204 |2. Multiply by one. |
22 |-------------------------------------|3. Expand in a Taylor series|
23 |e-mail: goodyear@××.edu |4. Integrate by parts. |
24 |www:bernacchi.chem.uh.edu/~grant |5. Fourier transform. |
25 | |6. Add auxiliary variables |