From: Cyprien Nicolas <c.nicolas@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] adding list of variables exported by make.conf to emerge --info
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 20:57:26
1 "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
2 > On 1/17/12 6:35 PM, Zac Medico wrote:
3 >> I think what want already exists:
4 >>
5 >> http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/profiles/info_vars
6 >>
7 >> Am I right?
8 >
9 > Not really. Even the example SYSTEM is not listed there, and as said
10 > before we can't put every possible, now and in the future, bad variable
11 > name there.
12 >
13 > I think another line should be added to emerge --info, like this (just
14 > an example, most variables omitted):
15 >
16 > Variables defined in make.conf: CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, SYSTEM, ...
19 It seems that emerge --info --verbose does that (at least with portage-2.2)
20
21 I'm used to define USE_*¹ variables in my make.conf in order to split
22 out global USEs. Those variables does not appear in the emerge --info
23 output, but they are visible if I had --verbose.
26 Cyprien
27 Fulax on #gentoo-lisp
28
29 1. This naming scheme isn't safe either, as USE_EXPAND and USE_ORDER are
30 make.conf settings