From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please enhance your USE descriptions!
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 07:35:58
1 On 31-03-2011 09:23:16 +0200, justin wrote:
2 > This is what I mean by good description
3 >
4 > + <flag name="mp3">Enable support for mp3 decoding over
6 >
7 > instead of the default
8 >
9 > mp3 - Add support for reading mp3 files
10 >
11 > Everybody understands what mp3 means, but we truely need something else
12 > here.
13
14 Are these two descriptions for the same package? Both messages say
15 something different to me. This is not an improvement perse, but just a
16 correction, because one of the two is (or both are) clearly wrong.
17
18 I find the default clear enough. It seems the mp3 USE-flag is
19 overloaded with multiple functions, this is likely the cause of the
20 problem here.
25 Fabian Groffen
26 Gentoo on a different level