From: Joshua Nichols <nichoj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] client+server packages - build which one?
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 17:52:03
1 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > How can I get an patch downloaded from some location and then applied ?
3 > I've inspecting some ebuilds in the portage tree and learned how to
4 > apply patches in the files/ subdir. Now I need to know, how to download
5 > the patches (simply add them to $SRC_URI ?) and then get them referenced
6 > for applying ?
9 You should be able to put it in SRC_URI, and it'll get downloaded. It
10 will then be available in ${DISTDIR} iirc... so you can just go:
11
12 epatch ${DISTDIR}/something.patch
16 Joshua Nichols
17 Gentoo/Java - Project Lead