From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] client+server packages - build which one?
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 14:50:59
1 * Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> schrieb:
2
3 <snip>
4
5 > To do that, you have to seperate any libs used between the two.
6 > In such a pkg, there *should* be a common lib- so you're suggesting
7
8 If there's any (noticable amount of) common code, yes of course.
9
10 <snip>
11
12 > Yet *more* manual work.
13
14 Not for the gentoo devs. Either the upstream does that or OSS-QM.
15
16 <snip>
17
18 > You want this, implement it in an overlay.
19
20 I'm doing so. Maybe you could give me some quick advise:
21
22 How can I get an patch downloaded from some location and then applied ?
23 I've inspecting some ebuilds in the portage tree and learned how to
24 apply patches in the files/ subdir. Now I need to know, how to download
25 the patches (simply add them to $SRC_URI ?) and then get them referenced
26 for applying ?
29 cu
30 --
32 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
34 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
35 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
36 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
37 http://patches.metux.de/
39 --
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list