From: Thomas Cort <tcort@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] client+server packages - build which one?
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 15:16:54
1 On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 16:46:08 +0200
2 Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de> wrote:
3 > How can I get an patch downloaded from some location and then applied ?
4 > I've inspecting some ebuilds in the portage tree and learned how to
5 > apply patches in the files/ subdir. Now I need to know, how to download
6 > the patches (simply add them to $SRC_URI ?) and then get them referenced
7 > for applying ?
8
9 This list is not the 'teach me how to write ebuilds' mailing list. If you
10 want help writing ebuilds, #gentoo-dev-help on irc.freenode.net is the
11 place for it. You should read the following documents all the way
12 through before asking for help: http://devmanual.gentoo.org/
13 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml
14
15 -Thomas