From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is anyone a prude?
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:56:25
1 Lina Pezzella wrote:
2 >
3 > This thread brings up a very good point. There are little children using
4 > our distribution, and they should not be exposed to dirty words such as
5 > the one being disputed in this thread. There are other packages that are
6 > also questionable too. "BitchX" comes to mind, and "Evolution" is on the
7 > top of my die-package-die list. We certainly wouldn't want little
8 > children asking about that, now would we?
9
10 Physical age != Mental age. If there's a kid out there young in physical age,
11 and they're able to figure out Linux enough to install gentoo, then I would
12 imagine their mental age is of a sufficient level to not be offended by the
13 package name.
16 --Kumba
19 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small
20 hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere."
21 --Elrond
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list