From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: grub-2 configuration
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2016 19:22:32
1 On Wed, Oct 05, 2016 at 04:52:31PM +0000, Martin Vaeth wrote:
2 > Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > I have added an example grub.cfg to the gentoo repository.
5 >
6 > I finally made a repository of my grub.cfg "library"
7 > with a correpsonding example.
8 > This is a more sophisticated setup with a menu where
9 > one can choose resolution, init-program, etc.
10 >
11 > It can be found here:
12 > https://github.com/vaeth/grub-cfg-mv/
13 >
14 > Library and exmample can also be installed by portage:
15 > Package sys-boot/grub-cfg-mv in the mv overlay (over layman)
16
17 Here is another good example from the previous thread.
18
19 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/6ecb120a299300c0224be6b69000191c
20
21 This example uses UUIDS/PARTUUIDS instead of BIOS disk numbers.
22
23 William