From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] "Lazy" use flags?
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 00:42:27
1 On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 7:18 PM, Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > soft enable = Enable, unless it would break dependency
4 > soft disable = Disable, unless it would break a dependency
5
6 I don't really see why these are needed. Just do what we are already
7 doing - use the settings in the profile and package defaults.
8
9 I'm not sure why I'd want to set a preference and then just have the
10 system ignore it without telling me. If I tell it I want a flag
11 on/off then yell at me if it is a problem.
12
13 However, what I don't want to do is have a 5000 line package.use
14 because of a bunch of settings I really don't care about, which then
15 cause problems down the road...
18 Rich