From: Fuper <futurist@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] making %95 of users happy
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:12:06
1 > > And to the person (Andrew I think) who quoted the following from the gentoo site as a reason for not having release branches...
2 > >
3 > > "*Portage allows you to set up Gentoo Linux the way you like it*..."
4 > >
5 > > It doesnt. Just when I get it how I like it, it changes.
6
7 "IT changes"?? I'm at a loss here. You mean that YOU keep telling it
8 to change? <wink> I think that you missed Daniel Robbins point:
9 >>>
10 I'd recommend that people who don't want to have the latest and greatest
11 versions of everything (and everything that goes with it), don't use
12 --update with emerge. <<<
13
14 When you get it how you like it -- stop. Don't "emerge --update"; don't
15 "emerge" new stuff. You've got what you want -- why change it? ;-)
16
17 Well, at least make a backup at your "I like it" point.