From: Paul <set@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Why should copyright assignment be a requirement?
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 04:45:38
1 Chris Bainbridge <C.J.Bainbridge@×××××.uk>, on Thu Aug 21, 2003 [11:14:48 AM] said:
2 >
3 > I am unclear how copyright assignment is being done at the moment? I have
4 > never been asked to assign copyright for any contributed ebuilds, and I have
5 > never signed a contract with GTI, as far as I am concerned I still have
6 > copyright on those GPL ebuilds.
9 Hi;
10
11 In my case, I submitted ebuilds without any explicit
12 Copyright notice. Devs made a minor change or two, and slapped on
13 the GTI copyright. After asking, I was assured that I could
14 copyright my own ebuilds, which I started doing. Im not sure if
15 any made it in-- just recently, a few ebuilds from the 4 digit
16 bug days with my copyrights on them were re-examined, and I was
17 asked to change the copyright as a precondition to inclusion. I
18 declined, and requested the bugs be closed.
19
20 Paul
21 set@×××××.com
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list