From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] git.eclass / subversion.eclass support for http proxy
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:45:59
1 On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Timothy Redaelli <drizzt@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > Some repositories has the git (or svn) and http support. I saw that we choose
4 > the git/svn one (it's faster i know, but it does not works under proxy).
5 >
6 > I propose a E{GIT,SVN}_REPO_HTTP_URI (or similar) variable that uses the http
7 > variant when the global use is set (or we can use the http_proxy env
8 > variable).
9 >
10 > What do you think?
11
12 Here's what I did:
13
14 Install net-misc/connect
15 Save the script below and do `export GIT_PROXY_COMMAND=/path/to/script`
16 set http_proxy, and everything works dandy.
17
18 Maybe this can be done inside the eclass if http_proxy is set? :)
19
20 ----
21
22 proxy=${http_proxy#http://}
23 host=${proxy##*@}
24 auth=${proxy%@*}
25 if test "${auth}" != "${proxy}"; then
26 export HTTP_PROXY_USER=${auth%%:*}
27 export HTTP_PROXY_PASSWORD=${auth##*:}
28 fi
29 connect -H ${host} $1 $2
35 ~Nirbheek Chauhan