From: Timothy Redaelli <drizzt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] git.eclass / subversion.eclass support for http proxy
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:55:48
1 On Monday 23 March 2009 12:45:55 Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
2 > On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Timothy Redaelli <drizzt@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > > Some repositories has the git (or svn) and http support. I saw that we
5 > > choose the git/svn one (it's faster i know, but it does not works under
6 > > proxy).
7 > >
8 > > I propose a E{GIT,SVN}_REPO_HTTP_URI (or similar) variable that uses the
9 > > http variant when the global use is set (or we can use the http_proxy env
10 > > variable).
11 > >
12 > > What do you think?
13 >
14 > Here's what I did:
15 >
16 > Install net-misc/connect
17 > Save the script below and do `export GIT_PROXY_COMMAND=/path/to/script`
18 > set http_proxy, and everything works dandy.
19 >
20 > Maybe this can be done inside the eclass if http_proxy is set? :)
21 >
22 > ----
23 >
24 > proxy=${http_proxy#http://}
25 > host=${proxy##*@}
26 > auth=${proxy%@*}
27 > if test "${auth}" != "${proxy}"; then
28 > export HTTP_PROXY_USER=${auth%%:*}
29 > export HTTP_PROXY_PASSWORD=${auth##*:}
30 > fi
31 > connect -H ${host} $1 $2
32
33 Some environments has squid with CONNECT filtered only to a few known ports :(
36 Timothy `Drizzt` Redaelli
37 FreeSBIE Developer, Gentoo Developer, GUFI Staff
38 There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
39 We don't believe this to be a coincidence. -- Jeremy S. Anderson