From: Thomas Cort <tcort@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 16:30:19
1 On Tue, 16 May 2006 16:15:49 +0100
2 Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o> wrote:
3 > The next question is where to put it. The options as I see them are
4 > under default-linux/x86/ or in a top-level paludis/ a la hardened,
5 > selinux, embedded, and the like. The latter is easier to exclude for
6 > those worried about tree size, though the impact there should be
7 > minimal. Neither way produces significantly more duplication, since we
8 > can make use of multiple profile inheritance. If anyone has any
9 > preference or other input, I'd like to hear it.
10
11 I don't understand the logic behind putting it under default-linux/x86/. Is palidus Linux/x86 only? Could you explain why default-linux/x86/ is a good option?
14 ,__, +----------+ | Thomas Cort <tcort@g.o>
15 (oo)____ |SAVE LARRY| | Gentoo Linux Developer
16 (__) )\ +----------+ | alpha, amd64, sound
17 ||--|| * | | http://dev.gentoo.org/~tcort