From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Xmms needs to die.
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 04:46:04
1 On Wednesday 23 August 2006 23:32, Luis Medinas wrote:
2 > If noone takes it will be saved on overlays.gentoo.org. Everyone needs
3 > to know that xmms is old and tired (obsolete). A few developers on
4 > redhat, mandriva and suse marked xmms as obsolete. Now it's our turn to
5 > move it to our darkness repository. If you want to be sure it's obsolete
6 > just read xmms's website.
7
8 that isnt what i meant
9
10 you can push whatever audio player you want as the default and mark xmms
11 unsupported, it just has to be kept around until the newer audio players can
12 actually fill the gap left by xmms
13
14 as for those distros, who cares ... they cant even play mp3s out of the box :p
15 -mike