From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo commit in xml/htdocs/proj/en/qa: index.xml
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 00:33:38
1 On Monday, June 13, 2011 19:09:06 Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > On 11-06-2011 20:48, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > On Saturday, June 11, 2011 16:24:00 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > >> On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 15:58:43 -0400 Mike Frysinger wrote:
5 > >>>> So, effectively the QA team lead can appoint the people who elect
6 > >>>> him. I'm not at all implying that Diego would abuse his position,
7 > >>>> but still I think that this is not a sane situation.
8 > >>>
9 > >>> it does seem trivial to remove people who disagree with you and thus
10 > >>> cement an echo chamber
11 > >>
12 > >> Are you talking in a hypothetical future situation, or has this already
13 > >> happened? If so, can you point to an example of where Diego's been
14 > >> removing people for disagreeing with him, rather than for disagreeing
15 > >> with the Council?
16 > >
17 > > how is disagreeing with a Council decision valid grounds either ?
18 > > punting people because they disagree with any group isn't really valid.
19 >
20 > It was not about disagreeing with Council but actively going against an
21 > approved policy when the team is responsible for enforcing policies in
22 > the tree.
23 >
24 > This is why in my proposal for the review of GLEP 48 I added a point
25 > stating that acting against established policies would constitute ground
26 > to be removed from the team.
27
28 that isnt what Ciaran said, and what you describe no one has shown me doing.
29 thus the only logical conclusions that one can draw from this:
30 - Diego mistakenly removed me without knowing all the facts
31 or
32 - i was removed for purely voicing disagreement
33 -mike