From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Packages up for grabs
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2016 20:47:21
1 On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 3:28 PM, Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se> wrote:
2 > Michał Górny wrote:
3 >> Or file a pull request @ https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pulls.
4 >> That's the most convenient solution for most of proxy-maint team members.
5 >
6 > How can I help improve that problematic situation?
7 >
8 > It's not cool to gravitate the project towards GitHub Inc.
11 I'm sure everybody would love to have a non-github alternative. The
12 problem is that they all tend to be Java-based and infra doesn't want
13 to go near them (that isn't intended to imply anything other than the
14 state of things).
15
16 So, it sounds like we either need a non-Java-based alternative, or a
17 way to host Java applications.
20 Rich