From: Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: isodate for packages.mask starting on 2019-07-01
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 12:31:29
1 Hi Michał,
2
3 I see your argument with "Larry" as bad example user.
4 I will not touch it for now.
5 But we should think about it some day later because we have Larry as
6 example user in many places already. I will put this in another RFC.
7
8 >> * 2019-01-01 + 30 days is unclear, if we do not use UTC time
9 > I don't see how '30 days' vs absolute date makes any difference
10 > regarding 'UTC time'. Sure, some people take it as literal 30 days,
11 > some take it as 'month + 1' but that's not a major problem.
12
13 OK I did not express myself well.
14 "2019-01-01 + 30 days" was just one example. In this worst case the
15 different time zones could add up to nearly 2 days.
16 I do not think that this is critical, but while at it we can fix it for
17 free.
18
19 > That said, I agree with the change, just not with the justification.
20
21 Great.
24 Best,
25 Jonas