From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting Important Updates To Users
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:15:17
1 On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 16:42 +0900, Chris White wrote:
2 > 3) I think it would be a good idea for gentoo-announce to also include front
3 > page announcements. This would work well for people that are more email
4 > oriented (they use email a lot for business) and would keep things
5 > centralized for them. This would also be best promoted on the front page,
6 > maybe stickied in some form or another.
7
8 Funny enough, we are working on a mailing list reform GLEP and one of
9 the main things we had added was the increase in usage of
10 gentoo-announce to send off *all* important information to our users,
11 rather than just using it for release announcements and GLSA, which is
12 all that currently traverses the list.
13
14 > So in conclusion, front page should get more updates, which would propigate to
15 > rss, and maybe link gentoo-announce to the front page as well.
16
17 I think having front-page news automatically sent to gentoo-announce
18 would be pretty cool.
19
20 I'm going to say as much on our ML reform "list" and add you to the CC.
23 Chris Gianelloni
24 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
25 x86 Architecture Team
26 Games - Developer