From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: patches.gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:05:32
1 On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 03:09:45PM -0400 or thereabouts, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > We were talking about this on IRC due to the growing concern over
3 > patches and other files in ${FILESDIR} in the portage tree. This is
4 > basically the idea that we came up with to resolve the problem.
5
6 After reading the other thread, sounds like this problem may not be as
7 large as we thought it was. If we're talking about a ~5% space savings in
8 portage itself, I'm not sure it's worth the extra effort of setting up yet
9 another mirroring system.
10
11 Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but please use facts to do it. I'm
12 willing to set up this mirroring system, but only if it solves a real
13 problem.
14
15 --kurt