From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sunrise contemplations
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 19:45:18
1 On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 12:00 +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
2 > So you can create projects by creating a directory in
3 > gentoo/xml/htdocs/proj/en, you don't have to announce it (but it's
4 > polite to do so), and it may well conflict with other projects, that's okay.
5 >
6 > You can't blame them for following the right rule. You can blame the
7 > rule, though.
8
9 I deliberately added '(GLEP?)' with question mark because I know
10 projects in general do not fit the GLEP structure. However, in this case
11 the project has potentially the kind of impact on the tree and other
12 developers that discussing it beforehand would've been the right thing
13 to do. The way the announcement was written makes me think the
14 developers involved in the project were well aware of this.
15 It seems to me creating a project is now officially a loophole to do as
16 you please under the umbrella of Gentoo.
17
18 - Marinus
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list