From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: hasufell@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Guidelines for using slot and sub-slot dependencies
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 16:25:51
1 Dnia 2013-10-16, o godz. 15:11:09
2 hasufell <hasufell@g.o> napisał(a):
3
5 > Hash: SHA1
6 >
7 > On 10/16/2013 02:59 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
8 > > -- when in doubt -- ask the maintainer.
11 > We should just require maintainers to document what their slots and
12 > subslots are for in the ebuild.
13
14 I agree. However, this particular sentence was referring to packages
15 that don't have sub-slots yet.
16
17 > > 4. You *can not* trust portage's --dynamic-deps anymore.
18 > >
19 > > This one is fairly important. In the past, we often assumed that
20 > > portage will 'update' deps from ebuilds automatically. This is no
21 > > longer correct if sub-slots are used -- since portage simply can't
22 > > know which sub-slot of the dependency was used to build the
23 > > package.
24 >
25 > so we should always revbump when introducing subslots?
26
27 If you want them retroactively, yes. Of course, sometimes you may just
28 assume users will get them with the next version/revision.
31 Best regards,
32 Michał Górny