From: George Prowse <george.prowse@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2009 Council Elections
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 21:09:09
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 20:46:27 +0100
3 > George Prowse <george.prowse@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> I'm sure getting personal about subjects on a Gentoo mailing list
5 >> will endear yourself to everyone.
6 >
7 > Uh, isn't that exactly what you're doing?
8
9 Nope, I never mentioned anything personal about you, in fact I can't
10 remember mentioning your name at all.
11 >
12 >> Thinking logically for a second, if you really cared about Gentoo you
13 >> would have tried your best to be good and nice in the... I dunno, 4
14 >> years(?) since your ejection and then worked your way up to being a
15 >> developer again.
16 >
17 > Why? I'm interested in getting things done, not in jumping through
18 > arbitrary hoops and starting yet another silly Gentoo politics flamewar.
19
20 You choose to be in these flamewars. As I stated, if you really cared
21 then at some time since your exclusion you would have worked on Gentoo
22 and kept your nose clean, people would have had no choice but to accept
23 you had noting but Gentoo's best interest at heart.
24 >
25 >> Trying to get into Gentoo by proxy (heh, see what I did there?) is
26 >> the wrong way and spending the last 4 years doing the wrong thing
27 >> means that you have done nothing to warrant you being included in not
28 >> only Gentoo but it's heirachy (and this is without mentioning your
29 >> trolling on the lists and your banning from the forums).
30 >
31 > I'm not trying to get into Gentoo by proxy at all. I shall remind you
32 > that this was Tiziano's request and decision, not mine, and that I was
33 > merely helping Gentoo out by carrying out a request from a Council
34 > member.
35
36 You're not stupid, you knew exactly what would happen and you let all
37 the flames come instead of being humble and suggesting that it wasn't
38 the best idea.
39 >
40 >> If you succeed are you going to invite Patrick and Plasmaroo to join
41 >> the exherbo "council"?
42 >
43 > That's not my decision. I don't have anything to do with the running of
44 > Exherbo. However, if Patrick or Plasmaroo have useful contributions for
45 > Exherbo, I would be happy to ensure that those contributions get
46 > applied.
47
48 Don't take that too literally, it was only meant as an example.
49 >
50 > Again, this is not about me or Exherbo. It's about the Council's
51 > unsubstantiated claim that the rules prohibit a Council member from
52 > selecting a non-developer as a proxy.
53 >
54 If you select a non-developer as a proxy then it degrades what it means
55 to be a developer. Would you be happy if you local MP got his granny to
56 vote in parliament when he was on holiday?