From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2009 Council Elections
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 19:58:44
1 On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 20:46:27 +0100
2 George Prowse <george.prowse@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > I'm sure getting personal about subjects on a Gentoo mailing list
4 > will endear yourself to everyone.
5
6 Uh, isn't that exactly what you're doing?
7
8 > Thinking logically for a second, if you really cared about Gentoo you
9 > would have tried your best to be good and nice in the... I dunno, 4
10 > years(?) since your ejection and then worked your way up to being a
11 > developer again.
12
13 Why? I'm interested in getting things done, not in jumping through
14 arbitrary hoops and starting yet another silly Gentoo politics flamewar.
15
16 > Trying to get into Gentoo by proxy (heh, see what I did there?) is
17 > the wrong way and spending the last 4 years doing the wrong thing
18 > means that you have done nothing to warrant you being included in not
19 > only Gentoo but it's heirachy (and this is without mentioning your
20 > trolling on the lists and your banning from the forums).
21
22 I'm not trying to get into Gentoo by proxy at all. I shall remind you
23 that this was Tiziano's request and decision, not mine, and that I was
24 merely helping Gentoo out by carrying out a request from a Council
25 member.
26
27 > If you succeed are you going to invite Patrick and Plasmaroo to join
28 > the exherbo "council"?
29
30 That's not my decision. I don't have anything to do with the running of
31 Exherbo. However, if Patrick or Plasmaroo have useful contributions for
32 Exherbo, I would be happy to ensure that those contributions get
33 applied.
34
35 Again, this is not about me or Exherbo. It's about the Council's
36 unsubstantiated claim that the rules prohibit a Council member from
37 selecting a non-developer as a proxy.
40 Ciaran McCreesh