From: George Prowse <george.prowse@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2009 Council Elections
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 19:46:18
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 19:31:43 +0100
3 > George Prowse <george.prowse@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> > This strengthening bridge of understanding can be seen in dev-
5 >> > zero's move to appoint ciaranm as his proxy for today's council
6 >> > meeting.
7 >>
8 >> If a doctor loses his right to practice medicine you dont allow him
9 >> to speak on the board of a hospital
10 >
11 > Coming from you, George, that's rather rich... Also, I would like to
12 > remind you that the Council's decision was everything to do with the
13 > rules not allowing a non-developer to proxy (a claim which has yet to
14 > be substantiated), and nothing to do with the attempts of a small number
15 > of malcontents that anything involving me, Paludis or Exherbo is so
16 > amazingly evil that it must be entirely ignored.
17 >
18 I'm sure getting personal about subjects on a Gentoo mailing list will
19 endear yourself to everyone.
20
21 Thinking logically for a second, if you really cared about Gentoo you
22 would have tried your best to be good and nice in the... I dunno, 4
23 years(?) since your ejection and then worked your way up to being a
24 developer again.
25
26 Trying to get into Gentoo by proxy (heh, see what I did there?) is the
27 wrong way and spending the last 4 years doing the wrong thing means that
28 you have done nothing to warrant you being included in not only Gentoo
29 but it's heirachy (and this is without mentioning your trolling on the
30 lists and your banning from the forums).
31
32 If you succeed are you going to invite Patrick and Plasmaroo to join the
33 exherbo "council"?