From: Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some 'proper coding' notes for ebuilds
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:45:34
1 On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 10:38:57PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 Content-Description: signed data
3 > oooooooooh and stop trying to run the `patch` cmd yourself ...
4 >
5 > no one is cooler than `epatch` (which is integrated into portage now, so dont
6 > 'inherit eutils'), so stop trying to think you ppl are
7
8 Too sad I can't remember the name, but a while ago someone discouraged
9 people from using epatch for simple patches because it's quite some
10 overkill...
11 If I have to apply just one or two patches, I don't see why I should not
12 run patch from the ebuild.
13
14 About inheriting: If you don't inherit, you should maybe better
15 DEPEND on the portage version which has it included.
16
17 Just my 0.02 EUR,
18
19 Patrick