From: Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: felix.janda@××××××.de
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs: app-misc/jail (perl)
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 22:27:25
1 Dear all,
2
3 The following packages are up for grabs:
4
5 app-misc/jail
6
7 after retirement of the proxied maintainer.
10 https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-misc/jail
11
12 The proxied maintainer was also upstream.
13
14 Jail is a Perl tool that builds a chroot and configures all the required
15 files, directories and libraries
16 https://github.com/spiculator/jail
17
18 I do not understand why we need so many patches for the package, if
19 the proxied maintainer was also upstream.
20
21 Upstream is silent since many years. I have no idea what the tool is worth.
22 Proxied maintainer Felix (https://bugs.gentoo.org/632752) forked the
23 upstram on github and can probably help us with this package. Please
24 contact proxy maintainer project, if you are interested.
25 I think, Felix plus a gentoo developer with perl experience would make a
26 good team.
29 Best,
30 Jonas