From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] berkdb and gdbm in global USE defaults
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 11:41:39
1 Ühel kenal päeval, R, 27.01.2017 kell 13:16, kirjutas Mart Raudsepp:
2 > If anything, I think this is a suggestion that *maybe* we should a
3 > > way to
4 > > specify a mechanism for allowing a default to be chosen from a
5 > > mutually
6 > > exclusive set, and then:
7 >
8 > Sure, I have some thoughts for this and a rough draft, at least in my
9 > head :)
10 > I don't have it as a priority to sketch it out well alone, but if
11 > someone is honestly interested, I could braindump my ideas in
12 > realtime
13 > medium. Or someone thinks of them themselves :)
14
15 I wrote a bit about it in my USE_EXPAND=gui proposal.
16 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/cc39dfafcb33ac0d345c26c0
17 475723b8
18
19 That's the copy of my piratepad draft on the subject. In the end
20 there's a section on it under future ideas.
21
22 The initial thread start was
23 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/a2de58fcbf9f214362cd5fdb5f67e6b2
24 These were the only 2 e-mails in that thread, everyone was busy
25 bikeshedding my USE=gui proposal at
26 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/eecad370248118c474a0d819fa7f3576
27 with some of the multi-choice aspects coming up there.
28
29 Any future complaints by QA or otherwise about versioned gtk USE flags
30 and whatnot get pointed to these, to pick up and actually go forward
31 with this, not just complain. Anyhow, that's off-topic for the
32 REQUIRED_USE stuff here.
35 Mart