From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving our/portage stuff to var
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 14:03:03
1 On 17/12/2012 14:49, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > I'd also suggest at least considering how paludis handles this. They
3 > just have a directory containing config file per repository, with a
4 > priority setting. The portage tree is just another overlay, which is
5 > a good way to handle it. The sync mechanism handles the main tree
6 > identically to overlays as a result, though you can specify what to
7 > sync.
8
9 Let's not conflate two completely different changes with two completely
10 different work required to deal with them.
11
12 Changing our default locations, and the documentation is quick. Changing
13 the way the syncing/handling is done is a nightmare.
14
15 If we conflate the issue, we can stop discussing as we're never ever
16 going to go anywhere.
19 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
20 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/