From: john.allen@××××××.ie
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] STLport ebuild
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:25:05
1 Sean Mitchell wrote:
2
3 >Hi All....
4 >
5 >Emboldened by my success with doxygen, I have ventured on to the next thing
6 >I need in Gentoo, which is STLport.
7 >
8 >Like doxygen, STLport is a bit of an oddball. Basically it builds a couple
9 >library files in the build tree then leaves it to you to put the libraries
10 >and headers somewhere.
11 >
12 >I've set up the libraries to go in /usr/lib and the includes to go in
13 >/usr/include/stlport. Any reason they shouldn't go there?
14 >
15 >I just create the directories I need in ${D} and then populate them with a
16 >couple cp -r commands. Is this okay or is there a Better Way?
17 >
18 Maybe use the BSD install program intead of cp.
21 >Here's the ebuild:
22 >
23 >------------------SNIP------------------
24 >S=${WORKDIR}/${P}
25 >DESCRIPTION="STLport is a multiplatform ANSI C++ Standard Library
26 >implementation."
27 >
28 >SRC_URI="http://www.stlport.org/archive/${P}.tar.gz"
29 >HOMEPAGE="http://www.stlport.org"
30 >
31 >src_compile()
32 >{
33 > cd ${S}/src
34 > try make -f gcc.mak clean all
35 >}
36 >
37 >src_install()
38 >{
39 > mkdir -p ${D}/usr/include/stlport
40 > mkdir -p ${D}/usr/lib
41 > cp -r ${S}/stlport/* ${D}/usr/include/stlport
42 > cp -r ${S}/lib/* ${D}/usr/lib
43 > dodoc README INSTALL TODO ChangeLog
44 >}
45 >------------------SNIP------------------
46 >
47 >If anyone has any comments I'll update this otherwise I'll test it a bit
48 >more and then post it to the list.
49 >
50 >Cheers,
51 >
52 >Sean
53 >
55 > Sean Mitchell Software Engineer
56 > smitchell@×××××××××××××××××××.com Phoenix Interactive Design Inc
57 > tel. 519-679-2913 x237 4th Floor, 137 Dundas St
58 > fax. 519 679 6773 London, ON, Canada N6A 1E9
59 > ICQ# 104246806
64 >gentoo-dev mailing list
65 >gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org