From: Sean Mitchell <SMitchell@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] STLport ebuild
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:02:50
1 Hi All....
2
3 Emboldened by my success with doxygen, I have ventured on to the next thing
4 I need in Gentoo, which is STLport.
5
6 Like doxygen, STLport is a bit of an oddball. Basically it builds a couple
7 library files in the build tree then leaves it to you to put the libraries
8 and headers somewhere.
9
10 I've set up the libraries to go in /usr/lib and the includes to go in
11 /usr/include/stlport. Any reason they shouldn't go there?
12
13 I just create the directories I need in ${D} and then populate them with a
14 couple cp -r commands. Is this okay or is there a Better Way?
15
16 Here's the ebuild:
17
18 ------------------SNIP------------------
19 S=${WORKDIR}/${P}
20 DESCRIPTION="STLport is a multiplatform ANSI C++ Standard Library
21 implementation."
22
23 SRC_URI="http://www.stlport.org/archive/${P}.tar.gz"
24 HOMEPAGE="http://www.stlport.org"
25
26 src_compile()
27 {
28 cd ${S}/src
29 try make -f gcc.mak clean all
30 }
31
32 src_install()
33 {
34 mkdir -p ${D}/usr/include/stlport
35 mkdir -p ${D}/usr/lib
36 cp -r ${S}/stlport/* ${D}/usr/include/stlport
37 cp -r ${S}/lib/* ${D}/usr/lib
38 dodoc README INSTALL TODO ChangeLog
39 }
40 ------------------SNIP------------------
41
42 If anyone has any comments I'll update this otherwise I'll test it a bit
43 more and then post it to the list.
44
45 Cheers,
46
47 Sean
48
50 Sean Mitchell Software Engineer
51 smitchell@×××××××××××××××××××.com Phoenix Interactive Design Inc
52 tel. 519-679-2913 x237 4th Floor, 137 Dundas St
53 fax. 519 679 6773 London, ON, Canada N6A 1E9
54 ICQ# 104246806