From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Planning for automatic assignment of bugs
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:59:19
1 On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 02:01:13PM +0200, expose@×××××××××××.net wrote:
2 > > I intend that the first non-excluded maintainer entry is the one used
3 > > for the automatic process.
4 > This could even make the need for "contact=0|1" unneccessary (since at least
5 > one bugzilla account should be a valid assignee), yet it's of course better
6 > to still have it anyway.
7 No, it doesn't make it unnecessary, as otherwise you have no way to
8 exclude a maintainer element.
9
10 1. Read maintainer blocks in order
11 2. Remove maintainer blocks that have 'contact=0'
12 3. First maintainer block is used for the assignee.
13 4. Remaining blocks go into the CC.
14
15 > > In light of the above, how about 'automatic=0'?
16 > Kind of what I proposed, though I'd include "assign" and/or as
17 > Jan jkt Kundr??t proposed "bug" somewhere in the variable name.
18 > Like... "AutoBugAssign=whatever" or so.
19 No, because assign and CC are already overloaded terms.
20 If you approach it from a semantic angle, what does 'automatic-assign=0'
21 do? Does it mean that the maintainer is still used for the CC list?
22 That's why 'assign' and 'cc' should not occur in the attribute name.
25 Robin Hugh Johnson
26 Gentoo Linux Developer & Council Member
27 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
28 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85