From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 19, reloaded (again)
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:53:31
1 On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 10:27, Corey Shields wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 10 August 2004 08:48 am, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > I guess when I hear stable, I think *UN*changing... not "changing less
4 > > often". Adding "some" stability is not what our users are asking for
5 > > from us. They are asking for a "stable" tree. A single tree cannot
6 > > provide this. Having a "bleeding" and a "stable" tree cannot provide
7 >
8 > how do you provide security updates without changing the tree? That is the
9 > only thing that would change in this tree (until a new "release" is made,
10 > whether that be a new CD or a new tree, whatever).
11
12 By making them additional, and non-mandatory. Providing the newer
13 ebuilds as ~arch or as an overlay would both accomplish this, though
14 like many others, I think using an overlay is a bad idea for this.
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering QA Manager/Games Developer
19 Gentoo Linux
20
21 Is your power animal a penguin?