From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 19, reloaded (again)
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:27:50
1 On Tuesday 10 August 2004 08:48 am, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > I guess when I hear stable, I think *UN*changing... not "changing less
3 > often". Adding "some" stability is not what our users are asking for
4 > from us. They are asking for a "stable" tree. A single tree cannot
5 > provide this. Having a "bleeding" and a "stable" tree cannot provide
6
7 how do you provide security updates without changing the tree? That is the
8 only thing that would change in this tree (until a new "release" is made,
9 whether that be a new CD or a new tree, whatever).
10
11 Cheers
14 Corey Shields
15 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team and Devrel Team
16 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
17 http://www.gentoo.org/~cshields
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list