From: Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 22:22:55
1 On Tue, 16 May 2006 23:14:53 +0200
2 Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > This should not be a side note IMHO. If that profile is in the tree,
5 > who in Gentoo will support it?
6
7 I will.
8
9 > Does the Gentoo Project not support the
10 > entire tree all of a sudden?
11
12 There are plenty of ebuilds in the tree marked as unsupported by
13 gentoo. Probably some profiles too, though I can't name them for
14 certain off the top of my head.
15
16 > 1) Is bugsy ready for this, with appropriate categories in place?
17
18 Paludis-related bugs can be marked as invalid and the user directed to
19 Paludis' bug tracker on berlios.de. Alternatively, if our friendly
20 Bugzilla admins want to create categories I won't complain. I don't see
21 a need for it though.
22
23 > 2) Is there an alias addy for Paludis related issues, so that Paludis
24 > users can communicate with members of some Paludis profile team for
25 > support?
26
27 For issues related to Gentoo packaging of paludis, bugs can be filed
28 to the ebuild maintainer listed in metadata.xml. For other
29 paludis-related issues, there are mailing lists mentioned on the web
30 site.
31
32 > 3) Is documentation support in place to refer Paludis profile users to
33 > when they fail to understand "reason" and demand Gentoo support for
34 > issues with the Paludis profile?
35
36 http://paludis.berlios.de/
37 --