From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: LAST RITES - rt2x00 beta 3
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 00:05:41
1 Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> posted 458C657D.5080005@g.o,
2 excerpted below, on Fri, 22 Dec 2006 17:08:45 -0600:
3
4 > Roy Marples wrote:
5 >> Hi list.
6 >>
7 >> Not often I issue a last rites, but here we go!
8 >> rt2x00-beta3 driver is going to be masked over the next few days and
9 >> then removed from portage around the end of January.
10 >>
11 >> This is at the request of upstream as they're mainly bored of fixing
12 >> compile and useability errors in beta3 with new kernels and want to
13 >> concentrate on beta4.
14 >
15 > Is it really necessary to notify people of a version bump? :P
16
17 >From what was written, it appears to be removal of the non-cvs version, so
18 it's not just a version bump.
23 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list