From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] User support system [WAS: Sunrise contemplations]
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:13:04
1 * Alastair Tse <liquidx@g.o> schrieb:
2
3 <snip>
4
5 > Somehow I believe that most people will encounter bugs when on the
6 > command line, so being able to search/post in bugzilla from the command
7 > line is a pretty natural extension.
8
9 ACK. The query could be done based on the answers from the user.
10 The more formalized and finely granulated these questions are, the
11 greater the chance for detecting duplicates. If certain projects/herds
12 can pull in their own questioning and information gathering, we can
13 gain much better report quality.
14 (ie. mplayer could include `mplayer -vo help`).
15
16 <snip>
17
18 > Using PyBugz as an example, typing this after an "emerge plptools" fails
19 > is much easier than opening firefox, typing bugs.gentoo.org, finding the
20 > search page and typing the package name in the search box in:
21 >
22 > bugz search plptools
23
24 ACK. Would be a great help.
25 But just posting bugs via command line is not enough. The tool
26 has to gather and ask for the right information (maybe dependent
27 on the package) and post it all together in an well-defined syntax.
30 cu
31 --
33 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
35 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
36 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
37 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
38 http://patches.metux.de/
40 --
41 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list