From: flameeyes@gmail.com (Diego 'Flameeyes' =?utf-8?Q?Petten=C3=B2?=)
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: One request for the next SoC: non already-devs students
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 20:45:33
1 "Alec Warner" <antarus@g.o> writes:
2
3 > Your entire argument is based on the assumption that the Summer of
4 > Code program's primary goal is to recruit new developers for Open
5 > Source projects. While this is one goal I am unsure if holding it
6 > above the others is necessary.
7
8 I know it's not the _sole_ goal of Summer of Code as intended by
9 Google. But I do think it should be the main goal for Gentoo as a
10 project. I also knew it was already discussed in the FAQ, and that there
11 is no _Google_ rule stopping Gentoo developers from partecipating as
12 Gentoo students. And that is why I'm bringing up the point on Gentoo
13 ground.
14
15 If this works, I'd take this time to add this as an official point for
16 the next council meeting.
19 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
20 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/