From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild: Hard coded paths
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 20:06:39
1 I always thought integrating an IRCd would be a pain in the neck into
2 portage because of their method of requiring the user to edit header
3 files before compiliation, and with instances like you've mentioned.
4
5 If hybrid is any example, adding others, like Bahamut, Unreal, Tiamat,
6 etc.., will probably be...."fun".
7
8 --Kumba
11 John wrote:
12
13 > Hello,
14 >
15 > I am attempting to create an ebuild for ircd-hybrid. This irc server
16 > requires that the path to where it is installed get compiled into the
17 > binary. I have verified that $P does not cut it (it is the location
18 > of the temorary image directory).
19 >
20 > How is something like this handled in portage? Can I know during the
21 > build where the final destination will be? Should I just "hard code" what
22 > is probably the typical case?
23 >
24 > Thanks,
25 >