From: Elfyn McBratney <beu@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Per-category and per-package eclasses
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:43:35
1 Hi folks,
2
3 The other night, some of us in #gentoo-uk got talking about per-category and
4 per-package eclasses, the idea being that each category, and each package,
5 could have it's own 'eclass' subdirectory containing category- or
6 package-local eclasses. This in addition to having global eclasses in
7 gentoo-x86/eclass.
8
9 For example (totally hypothetical), the php-sapi* eclasses would be a primse
10 example of a category-local eclass (their only used by the PHP SAPI ebuilds).
11 I can't find any eclasses that exist currently that'd be a good example of a
12 local-eclass, but hopefully you get the idea.
13
14 Thoughts ? Anything I've missed ciaranm ? :)
15
16 Best,
17 Elfyn
20 Elfyn McBratney http://beu.merseine.nu/
21 beu/irc.freenode.net http://dev.gentoo.org/~beu/
22 +------------O.o--------------------- http://dev.gentoo.org/~beu/pubkey.asc
23
24 PGP Key ID: 0x69DF17AD
25 PGP Key Fingerprint:
26 DBD3 B756 ED58 B1B4 47B9 B3BD 8D41 E597 69DF 17AD