From: Marc Schiffbauer <mschiff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New package neomutt
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 12:13:49
1 * Nicolas Bock schrieb am 10.08.17 um 11:35 Uhr:
2 > It does of course. What's appropriate here depends on whether we
3 > think somebody might want to have both mutt and neomutt installed
4 > at the same time. If we don't allow this use case, we don't have
5 > to worry about eselect and the neomutt binary will be called
6 > 'mutt' (as it is called by upstream already). If we do allow this
7 > use case, being able to eselect makes sense because then the
8 > binary is still always called 'mutt'.
9
10 Why not just have mutt and/or neomutt for both packages? Whoever only
11 wants neomutt and run it with 'mutt' can "alias mutt=neomutt" and be
12 done.
13
14 Having en eselect module here is not really KISS and looks a bit like
15 bloat to me which make things more complicated than they have to be.
16
17 Just my 2ยข
20 0xCA3E7BF67F979BE5 - F7FB 78F7 7CC3 79F6 DF07
21 6E9E CA3E 7BF6 7F97 9BE5