From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for February 26
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 07:13:29
1 On 23:26 Sun 22 Feb , Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > This is your friendly reminder! Same bat time (typically the 2nd & 4th
3 > Thursdays at 2000 UTC / 1600 EST), same bat channel (#gentoo-council @
4 > irc.freenode.net) !
5 >
6 > If you have something you'd wish for us to chat about, maybe even vote
7 > on, let us know! Simply reply to this e-mail for the whole Gentoo dev
8 > list to see.
9
10 Here's the preliminary agenda. I'm running a bit behind on -dev, so it's
11 a little out of date re GLEPs 54/55. People including lu_zero, cardoe,
12 dev-zero, and tanderson should fill us in on things below that they've
13 taken responsibility for. Anyone else can chime in anywhere!
16 Open council spot
17 -----------------
18
19 leio is next on the list. He's willing to join the council. A few of us
20 already voted to confirm him on-list, and we're waiting on the others.
21
22 Goal: Vote to confirm him, if necessary.
25 GLEP 55 / bash version
26 ----------------------
27
28 Crazy amounts of discussion on-list. Cardoe & Tiziano, you took
29 responsibility for this -- can you sum up the current state of things?
30 Pending something better, here's what I'd like to see happen on-list (or
31 on the wiki, whatever) before the meeting:
32
33 Goal: Come up with 3 things:
34 1) Agreement that this is a problem we need to solve now;
35 2) Come up with a list of potential implementations;
36 3) Come up with pros & cons for each.
37
38 At that point, we should have enough information to at least rank them
39 and decide out whether the top-ranked one has the right approach. We
40 should then clearly define any problems with it and suggest
41 improvements.
44 GLEP 54: handling code from SCMs better
45 ---------------------------------------
46
47 Some discussion on list. Luca, can you sum up the state of things?
50 PMS compliance in Gentoo-hosted trees besides gentoo-x86
51 --------------------------------------------------------
52
53 ferringb requested this. We need some discussion on-list before we talk
54 about it during a meeting, so please chip in and reply to his post.
57 Suggestions are welcome, as are any summaries from our new secretary. =)
60 Thanks,
61 Donnie
62
63 Donnie Berkholz